It’s not like you need any help, but just in case you’re struggling, Durham Uni Students has come up with 20 ways to procrastinate for students…
- Walk along Church Street (the road between the hill colleges and the centre of Durham) and try not to get made to walk on the road…when lectures are swapping over.
- Play guess the course in your college bar – see how many people fit Durham University stereotypes.
- Write an essay…about any subject other than the one you’re meant to be writing about.
- Stalk your friends on Facebook, then find your parents have joined and uploaded embarrassing photos of themselves/you…and tagged them.
- Challenge a housemate or a floormate to an eating competition…whilst hanging upside down.
- Attempt to stay in Klute for longer than an hour…sober.
- Play spot the rah in a hill college bar…
- Look something up for an essay using Wikipedia, and spend the next 2 hours reading incredibly interesting articles which in no way relate to what you originally wanted to know.
- Find an English student in a lecture (hint: it’s impossible!).
- Go to Brown Sugar and attempt to get served within 5 minutes of entering.
- Inflate enough balloons to fill a shower in your halls or house. Then get in. And turn the shower on.
- Go to a lecture: no, not one of yours: pick something you’d never heard of before and sit through it for an hour, dodging any questions the lecturer might ask.
- Log into an instant messenger program to ask someone on your course about a deadline or assignment, and accidentally wake up at 6am on your laptop having spent all night ‘talking’ to an old school friend…oops.
- Accidentally-on-purpose infringe on a friend’s personal space when their boyfriend/girlfriend comes up for the weekend, giving them no opportunity to become…intimate.
- Buy lots of paper, cellotape and paper clips from Tesco and make a small city in your room. Extra points awarded for size, stability and creativity.
- Start a new society and try and get it ratified by the DSU.
- Buy a discount card and get the friend to do the same…and then race to be the first to make all of the money back from your card.
- Go to the GUM clinic for fun…
Think You Can Take More?
If you’ve survived that procrastination without much doubt, Durham Uni Students is, err, stuck for suggestions.